Rocking Chair Test:

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Langkawi Wowie (18 >28.11.11


I haven’t written for ten days. There’s a good reason for this. I’ve been in Langkawi and Island life doesn’t really lend its self to doing anything more taxing than thinking about what end of the beach you’re going to lay for a few hours or where you might eat that night.
It was the ten days I had planned for the start of this trip. A ‘holiday’. Now you could say I’m on a six month holiday but a guy called Chris summed it up. This is backpacking and whilst it is an incredible experience there are times when its far from relaxing. So this was ten days of pure relaxiation. On an island with not much culture so there was no guilt about not visiting the museums, historic sites etc.
I stayed in a place called Zackary Guest house. My bill for ten days stay was £100 and that was for a room to my self, bargain. It was a few bungalow type buildings scattered around and a common room with an honest bar and cans of beer costing 75p. I haven’t yet mentioned this is a duty free island. Oh yes.
Time in Langkawi in a nutshell:
3 x AMAZING massages. At home the masseuse does not get straddle your back on the massage table so she can really get at that deep knot. Thought I was floating after one.
Razzing around the island on mopeds with Georgie, Miranda, Chris and James although I scooted like a nana.
Getting mugged…by monkeys who intimidated me into throwing my bag away from me. They riffled through it tossing the Kindle and camera to one side. Opting to take the bag of twisties (like knick kancks) instead.
Discovering Sunbar and dancing the night away, most nights.
Post clubbing swimming in the ocean , and the phosphorous making it seem like you were swimming in pixie dust.
Night sat on beach with beers with German Chris and Northern Andy discussing politics of the EU which desended into recalling as many Malcom Tucker cusses as possible.
Northern Andy being fantastic company for three days.
Meeting the teachers from Penang having an INCREDIBLE meal, a very competitive game of ‘Who’s in the Bag’, shisha pipes and dancing to Stevie Wonder at Bilabong Bar.
Leaving and feeling the most relaxed I have in a LOOOONG time.

No comments:

Post a Comment