Rocking Chair Test:

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Singapore Round Two

To make the next move on the trip (Hong Kong) I had to fly back down from Langkawi to Singapore.  Flight times etc, meant that I was to have another 24 hrs in the city.  A good thing as there were some bits I felt I hadn't experienced.
So I booked into the colonial district and mooched around.  This is more of the Singapore I pictured before I travled. Huge sky scrapers, lost of 'city' types spotless streets.  I had lunch on the water front and went back to the hostel for a little sleep.  Walking at about 9 I headed out to experience the recommendations of some I follow on Twitter who happened o mention that day was living in Singapore.  So it was the SkyBar.  Which is a bar, shaped like a boat which sits on top and spans three 57 floor tower blocks.  I felt a bit of a twat walking into a place like that on my own, but thought what the hell, if I worry about that this whole trip I'll miss out on some incredible experiences I'm sure.  So I plan to order a drink take in the view, some pics and leave.
As I'm doing this I get chatting to a Canadian, on R&R from an engineering project in Australia.  He was also on his own and feeling like a sore thumb, so we hung out and had lots to talk about.  So much so we ended up being the last to leave at closing time (not good when the drinks are nearly £20 a pop...and you have to get up for a flight the net morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment